PEOPLE SAY ABOUT COACHING
“...that’s what coaching is all about,
learning how to change and grow.”
“ At Scotiabank, two years of coaching
has seen increases in productivity and eliminated staff turnover,
Globe and Mail (September 14, 2005)
“I absolutely believe that people, unless
coached, never reach their maximum capabilities.”
Bob Nardelli, CEO Home Depot
“Asked for a conservative estimate of the
monetary payoff from the coaching they got ...an average return
of... about six times what the coaching had cost their companies."
Fortune, (February 19, 2001)
“Corporations believe that coaching helps
keep employees and that the dollar investment in it is far less
than the cost of replacing an employee.
Harvard Business School, Time (September 25, 2000)
SOME OF THE FOUNDATIONS AND BENEFITS OF COACHING
- Provides a focused, personalized development
- Is strength based.
- Holds the client whole, capable and resourceful.
- Assumes a win-win approach.
- Models positive, co-active approaches
- Favors corporate retention.
- Builds strong, communicating teams.
- Supports succession planning.
- Develops potential and talent.
- Builds strengths for use in all areas of a
- Work from the inside out to foster ongoing
and lasting growth.
- Builds results aligned with client values.